- 6/16/2019: Tutorial On Distributed Private Machine Learning presented at CVPR 2019
Dr. Takabi and collaborators from MIT and Google present Tutorial On Distributed Private Machine Learning for Computer Vision at CVPR 2019, the premier annual computer vision event.
- 6/7/2019: Paper accepted to SecureComm 2019
Robert Podschwadt and Hassan Takabi, Effectiveness of Adversarial Examples and Defenses for Malware Classification, 15th International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2019)
- 5/2019: College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher.
Dr. Takabi is selected as College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- 4/2019: UNT Early Career Award.
Dr. Takabi recieves UNT's Early Career Award for Research and Creativity at the Salute to Faculty Excellence Award and Dinner Celebration
- 3/26/2019: CODASPY 2019 Best Poster Award.
Our paper "Deep Neural Networks Classification over Encrypted Data" received Best Poster Award at CODASPY 2019.
- 2/28/2019: DoD grant awarded.
Dr. Takabi receives a grant from DoD to develop secure machine learning algorithms.
- 2/25/2019: Paper accepted to IFIP SEC 2019.
Manar Alohaly, Hassan Takabi, Eduardo Blanco, Towards an Automated Extraction of ABAC Constraints from Natural Language Policies, 34th International Conference on ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection - IFIP SEC 2019
- 1/25/2019: Journal paper accepted to Elsevier Computers & Security.
Parisa Kaghazgaran, Hassan Takabi, Flannery Hope Currin, and Armando Soriano, Communication-efficient private distance calculation based on oblivious transfer extensions, Computers & Security,
Volume 83, 2019.
- 1/5/2019: Journal paper accepted to Springer Cybersecurity.
Manar Alohaly, Hassan Takabi, and Eduardo Blanco, Automated extraction of attributes from natural language attribute-based access control (ABAC) Policies, Cybersecurity (2019) 2: 2.
- 12/3/2018: Adversarial Machine Learning Tutorial presented at ACSAC 2018.
Robert and Dr. Takabi present a tutorial on Adversarial Machine Learning at ASCSAC 2018.
- 11/27/2018: Paper accepted to CODASPY 2019.
Ehsan Hesamifard, Hassan Takabi and Mehdi Ghasemi, Deep Neural Networks Classification over Encrypted Data. The ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (CODASPY 2019).
- 11/4/2018: Dr. Takabi interviewed by NPR.
NPR ran a story on our research: Crafting New Weapons In Battle For Cybersecurity At UNT.
- 10/18/2018: NVIDIA donated GPUs to our lab.
NVIDIA donated GPUs for our research work on privacy-preserving machine learning.
- 9/1/2018: NSF grant awarded.
Dr. Takabi receives a grant from NSF: SaTC: CORE: Small: An Attribute-based Insider Threat Mitigation Framework.
- 7/15/2018: NSF grant awarded.
Dr. Takabi and Dr. Blanco receive a grant from NSF: Building Cybersecurity Analytics Capacity in Big Data Era.
- 5/23/2018: Dr. Takabi will serve as Chair of the IEEE Security & Privacy Workshops (SPW) 2019.
Dr. Takabi will serve as Chair of the IEEE Security & Privacy Workshops (SPW) 2019.
- 4/30/2018: Congratulations to Dr. Yassir Hashem for successfully defending his dissertation.
- 4/12/2018: Paper accepted to SACMAT 2018.
Manar Alohaly, Hassan Takabi, and Eduardo Blanco. A Deep Learning Approach for Extracting Attributes of ABAC Policies. The ACM on Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT '18).
- 3/15/2018: Journal paper accepted to IEEE TDSC.
M. Narouei, H. Takabi and R. Nielsen, Automatic Extraction of Access Control Policies from Natural Language Documents. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing.
- 3/9/2018: NSA grant awarded.
Dr. Takabi receives a grant from NSA for UNT’s GenCyber program.
- 3/8/2018: Journal paper accepted to PETS 2018.
Hesamifard, E., Takabi, H., Ghasemi, M., & Wright, R. N. Privacy-preserving Machine Learning as a Service. Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies, 2018(3). [This is a collaboration with researchers from Rutgers]
- 12/20/2017: NSF grant awarded.
Dr. Takabi and Dr. Bryce receive a grant from NSF for UNT’s REU Site: Software Assurance and Security in Emerging Technologies
- 10/30/2017: Ehsan and Yassir receive travel grants to attend CCS 2017.
- 10/30/2017: Manar receives travel grants to attend CyberW: Workshop for Women in Cyber Security.
- 10/3/2017: Paper accepted to ISBA 2018.
- 9/30/2017: Yassir receives travel grant to attend IEEE SKM 2017.
- 9/30/2017: Paper accepted to SKM 2017.
- 9/14/2017: Paper accepted to ACM CCS 2017 Workshop - CCSW 2017
- 9/7/2017: Two papers accepted to ACM CCS 2017 Workshop - MIST 2017
- 7/25/2017: Paper accepted to IEEE CIC 2017
- 6/13/2017: Our paper at NueroIS 2017 receives Best Paper award.
- 4/27/2017: Paper accepted to DBSec 2017
- 3/17/2017: NSA grant awarded.
- Dr. Takabi and Dr. Akl receive a grant from NSA for UNT GenCyber program.
- 11/30/2016: Congratulations to Anuj for successfully defending his thesis.
- 10/5/2016: Paper accepted to NIPS 2016 Workshop - PMPML16.
- 9/28/2016: Two papers accepted to IEEE CIC 2016
- 9/14/2016: Paper accepted to IEEE CIC 2016 Workshop- PiCSoC 2016
- 8/5/2016: Congratulations to Samir for successfully defending his thesis.
- 8/1/2016: Poster accepted in the IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) 2016.
- 6/27/2016: Our paper accepted in in Elsevier Computers & Security 2016.
- 6/22/2016: Manar attends SOUPS 2016 to present her work at the Workshop on Privacy Indicators.
- 6/10/2016: Our paper accepted accepted in the 56th International Conference of IACIS 2016.
- 5/27/2016: Our paper accepted in SOUPS 2016 Workshop on Privacy Indicators.
- 4/18/2016: Our paper accepted in the 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2016).
- 1/6/2016: Ehsan will be visiting Rutgers’ DIMACS in summer 2016.
- 3/27/2015: Two papers accepted to SACMAT 2015.
- 1/12/2015: Journal paper accepted to Journal of Internet Services and Information Security (JISIS).
- 1/8/2015: Journal paper accepted to Journal of Internet Service and Information Security.